Group registration to an event can be done in the following ways:
- Individuals Signing up on Behalf of the Group: Letting members register individually.
- If you decide to empower individual members to register themselves, upon registration there is an option for them to register on behalf of your group. If this is done, the admin of the group they registered with will get a notification informing them about the registration.
- Reservations by Event or Group Admin: Having the admin reserve a certain number of spots for a group, and the group leader and anyone in their group may claim the registration and spots.
- In this case, the admin wants to reserve a set amount of spots (spaces) for a group, and they may do so through "reservations". For more information you may go to reservations.
- When you make a reservation, you should reserve the spots for the leader to have the option to fill out. Ideally the leader should fill out all of the emails for the individuals attending so the liability forms and other information will be requested for all who plan to attend. This will be better for you for data collection and liability reasons down the road. In addition, if everyone is in the system, you can then just mark who attended and the registration data will help generate the impacts to tally up how many hours was given by this group.
- Team Lead to Sign up Everyone: For a group lead to coordinate and gather a list of individuals who want to be registered by uploading a list into the system.
- If you decide you want group leaders (the main contact) to register on behalf of their group, the admin will have to turn this feature on (similar to the setting for group registrations and reservations).
Note: When event admins turn on group registration (built in to its workflow. e.g., as shown below), you'll notice a few options:
- Add From Group
- Allows admins of existing groups to add members into an event.
- Upload CSV
- Allows admins to bulk upload a basic csv of people who want to be registered to the event.
- Ability to clear out all inputs on the current screen.
Note: In case there are custom fields requested for all registrants to fill out, including liability waivers, all registrants added by another individual into the system are placed into a "pending status" and are not confirmed until they "claim" their reservation.